Lindsay is a dork who needs help.
For reals, I am 100% dork-ified and I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s why I put myself out there, why I keep applying for these blogging jobs, and keep enjoying making a goof of myself on camera.
So, here’s the deal: Verity Credit Union, a Seattle company, is on the hunt for a “Wildly creative, funny, and talented mom.”
My friends, I don’t brag often, but this is MY job. I only found out about it this past weekend and squeezed my application in with merely an hour to spare. What does that mean? It means that I am a little behind the game.
See, applicants are judged on their video, blog post, and connection to social media. Which means that those ladies who had their applications in earlier have had more time to drum up excitement, Tweets, Facebook shares, etc. I’m not all that worried, because I know you guys and I know you always have my back.
So, I’m asking you to have my back right now. I will beg, even.
Here’s how you can help me out:
- Go here. You’ll see my application video (where I get to show off my dork-ness) and my blog post. If you scroll down, you’ll see where you can leave a comment. The more comments, the better, and it doesn’t have to be anything eloquent (though the comments I have received so far have been incredible. WOW).
- Tweet. You could put:
- I love @lindsaymaddox! Applicant #58: http://www.veritymom.com/blog/applicant-58-lindsay-maddox.html @veritymom
- Ha! I love this video! @lindsaymaddox: Applicant #58: http://www.veritymom.com/blog/applicant-58-lindsay-maddox.html @veritymom
- Or anything else, but with those links and @ tags.
- Click “Like” under my post on the Verity Mom page.
- Share my Verity Mom post on Facebook and encourage your friends to leave a comment. If you’re feeling really fancy, you could tag Verity Mom and Silly Mom Thoughts in the post for some extra exposure for me.
- Cross your fingers, pray, pray, pray.
This job will pay $20,000, which as you know from my previous financial blogs, we could really use. Not just that, but I am this job. I am everything this job describes and more and would love to be able to put a little more funny out into the world.
Thank you a million times over for your support, my friends. I wouldn’t be here, wouldn’t even have considered applying for this job if it weren’t for you.
P.S. I find out if I made the first cut tomorrow (Thursday), so today is the day to spread the word!